Monday, March 12, 2018

Birds and roses


     Am I the only one who keeps saying that I'm not going to buy any more crafting supplies until I use up what I have?  LOL  I hope not.  I also hope I'm not the only one who does it anyway.  hee hee
     I'm a HUGE admirer of Kitty Caracciolo's work for Impression Obsession dies.  Flower die work is one of my favorite things to do.  I got away from it because I was trying to keep my cards flatter, but it's so much fun.  When IO recently had a great sale I just had to grab several of their flower/foliage die sets.  
     For this card I used the Spiral Flower set to accents the sweet Star and Sky birds from Purple Onion Designs.  The lattice background was made with a Spellbinders die and the sentiment was die cut four times, colored with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen and coated in Glossy Accents.


Copics Used:
birds E31, E35, E50, E51, E53, E71, R30
branch E33, E37, E53
leaves YG21, YG25, YG67

     It's a bit chilly here today although the sun is out shining bright.  Saw lots of robins out this morning when I took the pups out so I thought this card was fitting to post today.
     Have a blessed day!
Tracy

Supplies:
Paper--Bazzill, Stathmore Bristol, Recollections, Copic XPress-it Blending card
Stamps--Purple Onion Designs
Ink--Simon Says Stamp Intense Black, Copic Multi-liner pen
Tools--MFT Die-namics Oval Stax Set 2, Impressions Obsession Spiral Flowers dies, Memory Box Fabulous Phlox dies, WPlus9 Hand Lettered Hello die, Spellbinders Fancy Lattice die
Miscellaneous--Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle pen, Glossy Accents

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. You are so not alone. I say to myself I don’t need anymore craft and it lasts about a day or 2 then I’m back to buying. Xx

Nancy said...

Chilly, huh? lol You've got robins? I think it will be a little while before I see my first robin this year. You've created a beautiful card, Tracy! I love that sweet image, and all your pretty flowers! Have a beautiful day! :o)

Geri Neumann said...

Oh Tracy, what a beautiful card! I love your little flowers....so perfect for this card. Randy saw a couple of robins the other day, so spring is finally getting here. Hugs, Geri

Sarah said...

I think the hardest thing about spring is how long it takes the weather to settle. Last week we had in the high 60's, today the ground is white. Such a beautiful card! The flowers are so pretty and I love that sweet image. Have a great day!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, those flowers really are gorgeous! LOVE the dimension, and yeah, I can see where they are hard to put through the mail..... but wow, are they worth it! Gorgeous coloring on that little sweetie, too. And the latticework die in the background works so perfectly with the flower and outdoor scene. Wish we had some flowers like that blooming around here. We had snow last Monday, and it's in the works for this upcoming Wednesday... and geezzzz, I live in the south!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so beautiful!! I love your flowers and they are just perfect with that sweet image!